As part of the Autograph Collection of hotels in the Marriott International portfolio, the Grand Hotel maintains the company’s aspiration to be a global leader that demonstrates how responsible hospitality management can be a positive force for the environment and create economic opportunities around the world, in the communities where we work and live.
Meetings and Events:
- 100% Recycled Notepads
- Pens made from recycled materials
- Eco-Friendly Water Service
- Meeting Room Recycling
- On-Line Event Menus
- Recyclable Box Lunch Program
- Paperless billing
Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
- Property Management System controls public space HVAC.
- Guest room HVAC automatically shuts off when patio doors are opened.
- Cooling towers recycle water used to cool condensers on HVAC chillers.
- Guest room lighting automatically shuts off when guests leave the room.
- Eliminated harmful chemicals from cleaning supply (99.8% phosphate-free).
- Low-flow sinks & toilets.
- A certified organic skincare line.
- Paper, plastic, aluminum, batteries, steel, wood pallets, light bulbs, cork, and printer cartridges are recycled.
- Recycled over 125 tons of glass (since November 2008).
- Recycling cardboard in the bailer system.
- Styrofoam free.
- 15% reduction of landfill tonnage year over year (since November 2008).
- Utilizing retention ponds for irrigation vs. city water.
- Providing green buffer areas to protect local habitats.
- Grow fresh produce & herbs in the Chef’s Garden used in meal preparation.
- Compost all vegetation debris for use in the landscape
- Locally sourced produce, honey, meats & cheese, and source local vendors including the pottery used in the Grand Steakhouse.
- Audubon Society Certified Resort & Golf Club.
- ESCOC & Baldwin County Environmental Achievement Awards 2008-2009.
- Certified Alabama Eco-Star.
- Regular participants in Mobile Bay Coastal Clean-up & Weeks Bay Estuary Clean-up efforts.
Our Guest Room services include:
- Replaced light bulbs with energy-efficient bulbs
- Installed low-flow showerheads and toilets
- Introduced water/energy-saving linen program
- Operates the most ENERGY STAR® certified properties in the industry, as part of Marriott's portfolio of brands
- Involves its global workforce in eco-volunteerism